Wednesday, November 28, 2012

OER

We are researching Open Educational Resources in my SEDU 183 class.  The article 7 Things You Should Know About: Open Educational Resources, mentions that OER is a resource available at little to no cost.  These resources are available online for students or educators to use for teaching, learning, and research. OER allows access to textbooks, readings, quizzes, assessment tools, and other learning content. 

While browsing on OER Commons I noticed the section of Game-Based Learning.  I found this very interesting, because I believe that students need to have fun while they are learning.  Also, the Math Practice section looks very helpful for the students. 

I found another article called Open Educational Resources.  It mentions that OER is guaranteed to improve the education all over the world by making high-quality academic materials available on the web.  Another article I found from the website Communication and Information states that OER provides a strategic opportunity to improve the quality of education. 
Community College Consortium for Open Educational Resources also has some very useful information for learning about OER.
It seems that OER has a lot of success, and many people find it very useful and helpful.  I hope that one day when I am a teacher I will be able to use this very educational resource. 

Below is a video about Open Educational Resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment